Christopher P. Wesierski
International Academy of Trial Lawyers, American Board of Trial Advocates, International Society of Barristers, American College of Trial Lawers, Litigation Counsel of America and Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent.
- Wrongful Termination
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Finding Coverage Under
- Insurance Policies Bad Faith
- Products Liability
- Breach of Contract
- Sexual Harassment
- 17200 Claims
- Agent Malpractice
- Malicious Prosecution
- Appraiser Malpractice
- Business Litigation
- Auto Liability
University of San Diego, 1978 J.D.
California State University at Long Beach, 1975, B.A.
Prior to forming Wesierski and Zurek LLP, Mr. Wesierski was the managing senior partner at the Orange County office of a large defense firm. He also served on the executive management committee for that firm.
Mr. Wesierski attended California State University at Long Beach where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1975. He studied law at the University of San Diego and graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in 1978. Mr. Wesierski was admitted to the California State Bar in 1979.
Mr. Wesierski has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in both state and federal court in such diverse areas of law as wrongful termination, medical malpractice, premises liability, insurance coverage bad faith, products liability, defamation, breach of contract, sexual harassment, 17200 claims, agent malpractice, malicious prosecution, appraiser malpractice and auto liability. Mr. Wesierski has also arbitrated numerous cases to successful conclusion.
HONORS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell (highest ranking)
- 10 (out of a possible 10) by AVVO
- Southern California “Super Lawyer” since 2004
- Top 5 Employment Defense Attorneys in Orange County since 2008 – OC Metro
- Top 20 Defense Verdicts of 2011 – Daily Journal
- Top 75 Employment Attorneys in California of 2012 – Daily Journal
- Top 50 Attorneys in Orange County of 2013 – Super Lawyers
- Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment 2013 – American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Southern California Super Lawyer 2014 – Super Lawyers
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Attorneys (President of OC Chapter in 2014)
- American Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Robert Banyard Inn of Court (20 years)
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Orange County Bar Foundation (President in 2015)
- Defense Research Institute
- Hispanic Bar Association
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (Limited to 500 Lawyers Worldwide)
- International Society of Barristers (Limited to 600 Lawyers Worldwide)
- Labor & Employment Law Section of the California State Bar & Orange County
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Board Member, Orange County Bar Association Masters Division
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Litigation Counsel of America
He has also been admitted to the Ninth Circuit of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for all districts in California. He was on the editorial board for James Publishing as to sexual harassment publications.
He is a specialist in Mary Carter agreements and has consulted as an expert in this area. He has published an article concerning Mary Carter agreements in the Insurance Counsel Journal and has been quoted in the California State Bar Magazine on that topic. Mr. Wesierski has lectured for the Rutter Group and has been asked to teach a trial practice course for a local law school. He has also given trial seminars to various insurance companies, corporations and other companies as well as such groups as the California Hotel and Motel Association and the National Food Service in Portland, Oregon and Beaver Creek, Colorado as well as Phoenix, Arizona and San Diego, California. He has cases that have been published on appeal in employment matters. He has published articles on Employment Law in magazines (found below).
- Trial Practice, Western State College of Law, 2014
- The Reptile Theory, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel 2014
- Effectively Preparing, Defending, and Arguing Summary Judgement Motions presented to the Orange County Bar as part of their last dash program at Whittier Law School 2014
- Selected as Overall Coordinator, ABOTA Masters in Trial, 2014
- Valuing Employment Cases: A Peek Behind the Curtain, Orange County Bar Association, November 2013
- Tactics and Strategies as well as the Theory Behind Reptile, Santa Barbara Professional Liability Conference, September 2013
- Advocacy in an Impersonal World: Does Civility Matter?, American Inns of Court National Symposium, New Orleans, 2013
- Civility Matters, ASCDC 52nd Annual Seminar, 2013
- Medicine in the Law, Tustin Ranch Golf Club, OCTLA, 2013
- Ethics and Civility in Law, Chapman School of Law, ABOTA, 2013
- Presenter, ABOTA Jury Trial, 2013
- Presentation Re: Juries through the Constitutional Rights Foundation at Saddleback Junior College 2013
- Legal Ethics: Sexual Relations With Clients, Banyard Inn of Court, 2012
- The Jury System, 6th Annual Constitution Day Conference, 2012
- Civility, the Antidote to Bullying, 5th Annual Constitution Day Conference, 2011
- Civility Matters, Chapman University School of Law, 2010
- Experts: Who Do You need 7 How Do You Examine Them? OCTLA, 2010
- Clash of The Titans, Head of the defense Team for the Masters in Cross-Examination program at Chapman Law School, June 2010
- Presentation on Cross-Examination, Banyard Inn of Court, 2010
- Voir Dire Examination, Banyard Inn of Court, 2009
- Mock Trial Examination, OCTLA, University of California Irvine, 2009
- Putting the “Civil” Back in Civil Litigation, Whittier School of Law, 2009 and 2013
- Cross Examiner, ABOTA Masters in Cross, 2003, 2006, and 2008
- Presenter, ABOTA Masters in Trial, 2000, 2013
- Defense Coordinator, ABOTA Masters in Trial, 1999, 2001, 2009 and 2010
- Mary Carter Agreements and Good Faith Settlements, Insurance Counsel Journal, 48 Ins. Counsel J. 639 (1981) .
- The Continuing Violation Doctrine, Verdict Magazine, Vol. 1, 1997 (p. 34-43).
- Complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act: Practical Considerations for Employers, CEB Employment Section, Vol. 22, 2006
- The Continuing Violation Doctrine: Implications of Shelley v. Geren, Verdict Magazine, Volume 1, 2012 (p. 17-20).
- When Bad-Mouthing the Boss is Protected by Law, Orange County Lawyer, June 2012, Vol. 54, No. 6 (p. 14-17).
- The Fallacy Behind Recent Employment Class Action Decisions, The Advocate, August 2012 (p. 89-93).
- Weighing the Balance, Los Angeles Lawyer, October 2012 (p. 36-39).
- Employment Litigation Legislative Update, Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL) Report, Vol. XIV No. 4, Fall 2012: 4, 16-19.
- The Name of the Game, Verdict Magazine, Volume 3, 2012 (p. 34-35).
- Thomas R. Malcolm: Attorney, Teach, Mentor, and Legend, Orange County Lawyer, June 2013, Vol. 55, No. 6 (p. 20-23).
- Social Media, Discriminating, and Privacy Rights in an Employment Context, Verdict Magazine, Volume 2, 2012
- To Waive or Not to Waive? California Employers Question Whether to Include Class Action Waivers in Employment Contracts, Orange County Lawyer, July 2013.
In 2014 Mr. Wesierski was inducted as a member of the Litigation Counsel of America which is composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
He was also inducted in 2014 into the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers which membership is limited to 1% of the lawyers in any individual State.
Mr. Wesierski was inducted as a Barrister into the International Academy of Trial Lawyers in 2013 where membership is limited to 500 lawyers worldwide.
March 2013 – Christopher P. Wesierski has been selected to serve on the Board of the Orange County Bar Association Masters Division. According to the OC Bar, the Masters Division is an elite division of attorneys who have been in practice for at least 25 years. Its Board members and Officers are “an impressive and diverse group of leading jurists and attorneys from Orange County.”
He was also inducted as a Barrister in into the International Society of Barristers in 2011 which is limited to 600 lawyers worldwide.
In November 2003, Mr. Wesierski was presented the prestigious Angelo Palmieri award for maintaining the legal profession’s highest tradition of professionalism and civility by the Robert Banyard Inn of Court.
Most recently, Chris Wesierski was selected as one of the top attorneys in Orange County for both Employment/Labor matters and for Insurance situations by OCMETRO. As the cover of the magazine stated “OC’s Top Lawyers – Is your attorney among them? It’s the list every business owner and savvy professional Must Read!” He has received this accolade five years in a row.